It’s That Time of Year
Summer is just around the corner. It’s time to start planning for your festival. Maybe it’s a music festival or a beer festival or a food truck festival…whatever the event is, it’s important that you plan out your marketing strategy. Getting the word out about your event is a sure-fire way to increase revenue from ticket sales. At ExtremeTix, we have years of experience with this seemingly daunting task. Here are 5 marketing strategies that work for our summer festival clients.
Marketing Your Festival
- About 3 months prior to your event, you want to start introducing people to it. Your potential guests are enjoying the warmer weather during springtime and they’re making plans for what to do with their vacation in the upcoming months. Start early but not too early.
- Utilize social media for announcements. Announce your festival’s date. Explain what musicians or vendors they can expect to see there and let them know that tickets will be on sale soon. This will create an interest among fans as your on-sale approaches.
- As time goes on, create more announcements leading up to the on-sale. Announce new partners that will be at the event. It’s a good idea to create an early-bird special promoting lower ticket prices. Use social media and e-blasts to garner an interest in the festival and promote a “buy early” advantage.
- As it gets closer to your festival, try ticket giveaways! This is the easiest and best way to increase your social media following. Have your followers tag who they would bring to the festival, and have them like your page and your posts. People love to win free stuff. But even if they don’t win the contest, they’re still likely to buy tickets because it’s fresh in their mind and they’ve already gotten excited about it. With that, make sure you include the purchase link in your posts about the giveaway. Make it easy for fans to purchase tickets.
- If you have a festival that goes on for multiple days, post about it during the event! Write blogs about what’s going on, post photos of people enjoying the event on Instagram, Tweet that “it’s not too late to join in on the fun.” This will show people who didn’t buy tickets what they’re missing out on and they’ll be likely to come the next day.
We Can Help
At ExtremeTix, our marketing department is here for you. Our goal is for you to sell more tickets. Whether it’s helping with ticket giveaways, promoting your festival on social media to our followers, or sending out e-blasts on your behalf, we’re here to help you spread the word and, in turn, increase your revenue. Summer festival ticketing is one of our specialties. Ask us how we can make sure your festival is one to remember!